During the economic boom in Poland, many businessmen and investors lost their opportunity to implement their business ideas at such a propitious moment. Try not to waste your chance to expand your business area in the growing Ukrainian market.
- 1.Having gained independence in 1991, Ukraine moved towards the free market economy. Ukraine is regarded as a major emerging market because it provides great opportunities for business founding and operating.
- 2.Some strategic international routes, connecting Europe and Asia, pass through Ukraine. The country has access to the sea, a large-scale transportation infrastructure including fully functional roads, railways, sea and river ports, airports, and natural gas transmission pipelines.
- 3.Ukrainian black earth soil area is one of the largest in the world (28 million hectares), and there are 42 million hectares of agriculturally used lands out of the total area.
- 4.The foreign investment volume ran at 66 billion dollars over the past 10 years.
- 5.According to the World Bank’s Doing Business Report, Ukraine ranks 83rd out of 189 countries.
- 6.Ukraine is considered to be an export-oriented country. According to some estimates, exports contribute about 50% of its GDP. As for imports, Ukraine ranked 25th among the world’s importers according to WTO (World Trade Organization) in 2011
- 7.Germany, Great Britain, China, Russia, France, the USA, Italy, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, and Poland are among the main investors in the Ukrainian economy.
- 8.Priority import products in Ukraine are as follows:
- fuel and energy products
- machinery, equipment, electric equipment, and vehicles
- chemical industry products
- plastic and polymeric materials
- agricultural and food products, associated equipment
- metal, plastic, wood and textile products
- 9.The main exported goods:
- rolled metal products
- iron ore
- food products
- agricultural products
- 10. On June 27, 2014, the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed the economic and trade part of the Ukraine-European Union Association Agreement. As a result, the trade and economic partnership is increasing in more than 35 economic branches.
We can facilitate your success in the Ukrainian market.